|Knife Crime – Support for Parents||link|
|MOMO – Safety Guide for Parents||link|
|Children Exploited by Gangs – Spot the signs||link|
|Trapped by Gangs – Find a way out.||link|
Safeguarding Information for Students
Download the Safeguarding Information for Students
Corpus Christi Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent, effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school. All concerns are passed through the members of staff who are trained as ‘Designated Safeguarding People’ in school in compliance with the ‘sharing of information’ guidance.
Download our Safeguarding Statement
College Safeguarding Team
|Mr S. Mort
|Mr A. Kellett
Mr B. Carey
Mrs J. Moxon
Mrs A. Vose
The designated staff responsibilities include:
- Ensuring procedures to safeguard children and young people are in place and are updated as appropriate
- Raising awareness about abuse in order to overcome barriers to children and young people reporting their concerns
- Helping adults recognise the signs and indicators that might give rise to concern
- Providing help and advice on how to respond to concerns about abuse of children and young people and how to respond to children and young people making an allegation of abuse.
- Explaining ways in which adults can raise concerns about unacceptable behaviour by other adults.
- Addressing specific issues such as ratios, photography and images on the internet, supporting performers, physical contact, one-to-one coaching, journeys in cars, conduct on school trips, etc.
- Providing advice/support to staff, parents and carers and for confidential discussions about concerns.
- Co-ordinating arrangements for monitoring of pupils on roll who have been identified as being in need of protection.
- Making referrals to social care and other external agencies.
If you have any concerns that a young person at Corpus Christi Catholic College is at risk of harm, please contact the school office and ask to speak to a designated member of staff.
Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Corpus Christi Catholic College, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. We believe all staff and visitors have an important and unique role to play in child protection.
- Schools can contribute to the prevention of abuse.
- All children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
The following sets out how our school will try to fulfil local and national responsibilities as laid out in the following documents:-
- Leeds City Council composite file ‘Child Protection: Information and Procedures for Schools’ (2004)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (DfES 2006)
- Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment in Education (DfES 2007)
- Leeds Safeguarding Children Board Procedures (2007)
- Children Act 1989 (as amended 2004 Section 52) Education Act 2002 s175…..
Standard Operating Procedures for Child Protection
Download the Keeping Children Safe (Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges)
Download the Safeguarding in Sports guide
Download our Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Download our Useful links guide