The designated staff responsibilities include:
- Ensuring procedures to safeguard children and young people are in place and are updated as appropriate
- Raising awareness about abuse in order to overcome barriers to children and young people reporting their concerns
- Helping adults recognise the signs and indicators that might give rise to concern
- Providing help and advice on how to respond to concerns about abuse of children and young people and how to respond to children and young people making an allegation of abuse.
- Explaining ways in which adults can raise concerns about unacceptable behaviour by other adults.
- Addressing specific issues such as ratios, photography and images on the internet, supporting performers, physical contact, one-to-one coaching, journeys in cars, conduct on school trips, etc.
- Providing advice/support to staff, parents and carers and for confidential discussions about concerns.
- Co-ordinating arrangements for monitoring of pupils on roll who have been identified as being in need of protection.
- Making referrals to social care and other external agencies.
If you have any concerns that a young person at Corpus Christi Catholic College is at risk of harm, please contact the school office and ask to speak to a designated member of staff.
Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Corpus Christi Catholic College, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. We believe all staff and visitors have an important and unique role to play in child protection.
- Schools can contribute to the prevention of abuse.
- All children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
The following sets out how our school will try to fulfil local and national responsibilities as laid out in the following documents:-
- Leeds City Council composite file ‘Child Protection: Information and Procedures for Schools’ (2004)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (DfES 2006)
- Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment in Education (DfES 2007)
- Leeds Safeguarding Children Board Procedures (2007)
- Children Act 1989 (as amended 2004 Section 52) Education Act 2002
Download the College’s Safeguarding & Child Protection policy
Download the Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2022 (Pt1) guidance document
Download the Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2022 guidance document